General Manager - Manchester
General Manager - COSMO Manchester
The General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development and performance of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimise profits and their primary responsibility is to ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience as well as maximise business profitability and contribution.
They oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance and to obtain profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer services according to strategy of COSMO. The primary responsibility of General Manager is to ensure the business operates to the highest customer service standards through people and customer management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve exemplary performance in every aspect of running the restaurant.
- Drive clear structured succession planning.
- Make critical decisions that impact on the success of the business every day.
- Ensure that the food costs, labour costs and wastage figures are within company parameters. Drive revenue and create a profitable business.
- Rota team members for maximum customer service and efficiency
- Adhere to company rules, procedures, standards and licensing law at all times (Food Safety, Hygiene, health & safety and HR procedures).
- Recruit and build a winning team by effective talent management and development of all team members to achieve their maximum potential.
- Continuously maintain a motivated team, creating a great learning atmosphere and work environment in your restaurant. Ensure effective communication across the whole team.
- Cascade knowledge, drive training and give feedback in order to identify improvements and areas for development.
- Aim to exceed the service expectations and inspire the team to go the extra mile and deliver fantastic customer service
- Promote brand values through following company’s marketing strategy. Capable to create local marketing strategy to promote the business and maximise sales.
- Performing any reasonable duties as required from time to time in order to contribute to the achievement of business aims and objectives.
- Solid experience in a capacity of General Manager
- Fantastic interpersonal, communication and coaching skills
- Thrives under pressure in a high turnover food environment
- High level of enthusiasm and energy to inspire others
- High personal standards, genuine and attentive
- Must be available to work as late as midnight or later if necessary
- Must possess the ability to recognise a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgement, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure
- Be willing to work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others
- Ambitious and open for continual development
- Hard working and prepared for challenges
The right candidate should ideally possess the following qualification/certification:
- Health and Safety Level 2
- First Aid
- Fire Marshall/Warden
- Personal Licence
Apply for General Manager - Manchester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly