Sous Chef - London
Sous Chef - Piccadilly, London
A London luxury address like no other
Hotel Café Royal offers to take guests on a sumptuous culinary journey across a multitude of restaurants, bars, cafés and private dining areas. Working within one of London’s newest and modern kitchens featuring all of the latest specialist culinary equipment, our team creates an elegant, yet contemporary theme in keeping with the Café Royal’s history and hallmarks of exceptional quality and style.
As a Sous Chef, you will support the senior team in our main kitchen in the running of daily operations, whilst ensuring the highest standard and quality of service is being consistently delivered. This role represents a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, career focused chef to take the next step and become part of a company renowned for quality menus and exceptional standards.
You will currently be working as a Sous Chef or a Senior Chef de Partie, working within a 5* establishment and ready for the next step in your career. Hotel experience, including In Room Dining, is essential.
The right candidate will:
- Be professionally trained with a minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Have previous experience in the development of menus
- Have previous experience of managing a large kitchen brigade
- Have some experience of kitchen management including budgeting and control of food costs
- The desire to join a hotel to grow and develop with a new and expanding luxury hotel group part of the Leading hotels of the world
- A team player with the flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings and weekends in order to support the operation
- Competitive Salary + Service Charge
- On duty meal, personalised uniforms provided and dry cleaned free of charge
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted Room rates, Spa and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts including subsidised chiropody
Ready to join the team?
Please apply by the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a CV that is fully up to date and correct.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.