Carpenter - London
Carpenter - Soho, London
This luxury hotel in London enjoys an unrivalled setting, where the elegance of Mayfair, energy of Soho and sophistication of St. James combine. It's where history, culture, business and the stage are just steps away. That's one reason why, for 150 years, people who make a difference have made their way through these doors. For Oscar Wilde and Muhammad Ali, Winston Churchill and David Bowie, David Chipperfield and Albert Adrià, Hotel Café Royal has always been the vibrant living room of London, the place to convene, converse and celebrate.
Your role is to ensure that through your technical knowledge and skill to the craft, you will consistently endeavour to maintain our facilities and services at the highest standard for all our guests and employees to enjoy.
Working as part of a larger Engineering team you will undertake a range of maintenance duties specific to your skill and ensure that all of our back of house areas, public areas along with guest bedrooms are maintained and presented at the highest standard.
This is a permanent full time position, 40 hours per week doing shift work.The shifts include 8am - 4.30pm, 11am – 7pm and 2.30pm – 11pm and occasional weekends.
- A natural ability to provide a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven experience in a similar role within a 4 or 5 star multi outlet hotel or luxury serviced building is essential
- Carpenter qualification is essential
- A conversational level of spoken English is essential in order to flawlessly communicate with colleagues and guests
- Competitive Salary
- On duty meal, personalised uniforms provided and dry cleaned free of charge
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted Room rates, Spa and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts including subsidised chiropody
Ready to join the team?
Please apply by the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a CV that is fully up to date and correct.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.