Transport Team Leader - London
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
£13.64per hour (with LGV Licence)Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts:Night Shift 5/7 (7am-7pm)
Contract: PermanentJob Description
Reporting into the Transport Supervisor, our drivers will look to you for direction and answers, so you’ll need to be a dynamic, self-motivated and results-driven individual.
You’ll be confident delivering huddles and briefings to your team, have sound IT skills, and be calm under pressure. You’ll also enjoy being hands-on and getting behind the wheels of our trucks if needed to make sure products are delivered to shops on time. You’ll ensure our drivers and following the correct health & safety and food safety procedures in their daily task.
On the first step on the management ladder, you’ll be hungry for that extra responsibility and be able to demonstrate that you have what it takes.Skills
We’re looking for someone that has:
Legal entitlement to work in the UK (e.g. Valid VISA or Work Permit for non EEC residents).
A good understanding of driver’s hours and tachograph legislation.
Great communication skills and be fully conversant with all Microsoft packages.
A good knowledge of vehicle legislation, a Class C License, and a CPC National Qualification will be an advantage.
You’ll need to be flexible and be willing to work early/late/weekend shifts.Benefits
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.