Old Thorns is a four-star hotel resort in Hampshire. The hotel is easily accessible from the A3, and only 30 minutes from the M25 and Portsmouth. With recent redevelopment and expansion, Old Thorns offers luxury accommodation, conference & function facilities, health club, beauty spa, restaurants & bars, a championship golf course.
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant.
- To carry out maintenance and repairs in the Hotel
- To assist with refurbishment work including removal of old fixtures and fittings
- Painting and decorating installing new fixtures and fittings
- To maintain a safe working environment whilst undertaking maintenance or repair
- To ensure Health & Safety procedures are adhered to at all times
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience of hotel or building maintenance
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety and Fire Regulations
- A skill based qualification such as Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, etc.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of basic maintenance repairs
- Good communication skills
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week (excluding breaks), 5 days per week Monday to Sunday.
As well as a competitive salary, the company offers training & development, company uniform, free on-site parking, pension and discounted gym membership.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If your application is of interest to us we will normally contact you within 2 weeks of receiving your application.