Casual Housekeeping Assistant - Swadlincote
Casual Housekeeping Assistant - Champneys Health Resort Springs
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Supervisor / Assistant Head Housekeeper / Head of Housekeeping
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Hampshire.
The Housekeeping Assistant is required to deliver the servicing of guest accommodation and all public areas around the Resort within set timeframes and to the required quality and standard.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service guest accommodation and public areas to exceptional standards at all times.
- Acquire and maintain full knowledge of all areas of work to be covered in the course of duty.
- Keep stock rooms tidy at all times and report stock shortages to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Ensure all housekeeping trolleys are well stocked before work commences.
- Ensure all equipment is in a safe condition and report it if not.
- Keep all corridors tidy and without obstruction during servicing times.
- Attendance at housekeeping team meetings and a positive attitude towards attending training as well as a commitment and willingness to continually strive to improve own work and standards.
- Maintain a familiarity with company health and safety and fire safety procedures and report any issues identified to management in a timely manner.
- Arrive at work punctually for every shift, well presented and in the correct uniform, adhering to break time limits.
- Follow the correct reporting procedures as specified in the Colleague Handbook if for any reason you are unable to attend for work.
- Correct conduct and behaviour is essential throughout the resort and in particular around guest accommodation, remembering at all times that guests are here to relax.
- Be polite, friendly and helpful and acknowledge guests and colleagues with a pleasant manner.
- Act upon guest requests as appropriate and in line with company procedure.
- Work with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Any other housekeeping / laundry duties (as detailed in the Linen Porter job description) as may be required from time to time.
- Experience working as a Housekeeping Assistant with a background in a busy hotel or organisation operating in the leisure or hospitality industry, displaying exacting standards
- Exceptional housekeeping skills and a passion for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in confidence and with discretion.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- A team player who is prepared to assist colleagues and move from one activity to another as required.
- A willing and positive manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A commitment to completing a high standard of work to specified deadlines and timescales
- Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota and a willingness to extend or change hours and days of work from time to time upon request, subject to operational requirements.
- An enthusiasm for the role and for the hospitality and leisure industry in general.
Apply for Casual Housekeeping Assistant - Swadlincote
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly