Deputy Manager - Manchester
Deputy Manager - South Manchester
Salary up to £23,000
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have a bubbly personality, have excellent standards, integrity and enjoy leading a team? We may have the perfect role for you.
We are now looking to recruit to our management teams in Southern Manchester, to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, and ensure ‘excellence is a habit’.
The Deputy Manager is a key role in making the site a success. You will be the leader of the front of house team, knowledgeable about our products, and have passion for food, drink and hospitality.
You will be the right hand man or woman to the General Manager, taking sole charge in their absence which includes 5 weeks holiday relief per year and 2 days each week. You will be involved in people management, training, marketing and social media drives at the site.
You will have experience at Duty Manager level, and either be looking for a move to your first Deputy Manager role, or be an existing Deputy Manager looking for a role with more responsibility and opportunity to learn, progress and lead the team forward.
You should have previous experience within a busy hospitality setting where you have had day to day dealings with, cask ale and/or food. You will have ‘held’ a site for a short period of time and had exposure to stock control systems and processes.
We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills to deliver and achieve ‘excellence as a habit’
- Strong front of house presence
- Strong leadership skills
- Socially confident with excellent interpersonal skills
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Passion for providing excellent customer service and leading the team by example
- Indicates a positive ‘can do attitude’
- Enjoys working to high standards and working under pressure
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is able to respond to customers appropriately and respond to their needs
- Handling and resolving complaints
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to inspire others, and coach and mentor team members
- Extensive organisational skills in particular organising and running events at the site
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Management
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding our menus and beers as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in.
- Career Progression Plans within our estate
- Salary up to £23,000 per annum
- 5.6 weeks holiday Company Pension Plan
- 50% discount card for food at some of our sites upon completion of your mandatory training