Reception Shift Leader - Derby
Front Office Shift Leader - Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Derby
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Morley, just north of Derby, Breadsall Priory holds the distinction of being the oldest Marriott location in the world; our elegant Priory rooms date back to 1260.
At Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel no two days are the same, with an exciting blend of guests and large events. Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and contemporary British dining at our hotel's on-site Priory Restaurant.
The role of the Front Office Shift Leader is to provide the highest possible standard of check in and out experience to our guests and to serve as an efficient point of contact during their stay. This involves welcoming and acknowledging all guests according to company standards. To answer inquiries from guests, anticipate and address their service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
Specific duties include but not limited to;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, supporting the team to reach common goals
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Assist with hiring and coaching staff
- Serve as a role model in all areas, promoting uniform standards and good practice
- Preparation of letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- The entry and retrieval of information contained in computer databases and the use of a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including date stamping and distributing incoming mail.
- Maintain computer and paper-based filing and organisation systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language including appropriate telephone etiquette.
This position requires previous hotel front office experience and the ability to adopt flexible working patterns. This includes working evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.