Assistant Pub Manager - The Stag on the River, Godalming
Assistant Pub Manager - The Stag on the River, near Godalming, Surrey
Working with us
At Red Mist Leisure we want to deliver the best for our customers and continually exceed their expectations. We strive to be market leaders and achieving this is dependent on the quality of our products, services and our team. We recognise that customers have a choice where they spend their dining income, but by offering consistently great dining experiences, we will thereby retain and expand our customer base through the strength of our reputation and become first choice in our customer’s eyes.
We are looking for an Assistant Pub Manager to join our team. It is a position that requires someone who is personable, energetic and capable of managing and motivating the bar and front of house team to deliver excellent customer service and achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the operation.
- Delivering excellent customer service, exceeding their expectations and achieve exceptional customer satisfaction results
- Assist the Pub Manager in effectively running the pub and to achieve all operational standards and commercial targets
- To be 'hands on', it is essential that your time is spent managing and supporting the team
- To maintain all company health and safety policies
- To manage and maintain exceptional standards of cleanliness around all areas of the pub
- Engagement with the local community to develop trade, improve the reputation of the pub and to ensure the pub is an essential pillar in the community
- Adherence to the clear company cash handling, storage and banking procedures
- To effectively deal with customer event and function enquiries
- To improve and maintain the highest possible standards of operation including, taking ownership of the running of the pub in the absence of the Pub Manager and Duty Manager, making daily operational decisions, managing staff and implementing new procedures where necessary
- Bringing fun and enjoyment to the service team whilst ensuring our service level remains professional with high standards of personal appearance and attitude
- Identifying new ways to improve the guest experience and, in conjunction with the Pub Manager, introducing these to the pub.
- Dealing with any customer complaints (either written or verbal) in an assertive, pleasant and totally professional manner to ensure that the situation is resolved to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
- To understand and follow company policy and procedures with all personnel matters
- To understand the annual pub budget and who is responsible for controlling each cost line
- To manage or assist with the management of liquor at the pub to ensure stock holding and rotation is efficient, wastage is minimised and the budgeted liquor gross profit margin is achieved
- Understanding, management and effective training of the company operating systems for electronic purchasing, payroll, bookings, table reservations, HR, recruitment, stock control and reporting
What we are looking for
- A strong leader who is personable, energetic and capable of managing and motivating an extensive front of house team to deliver excellent customer service and achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the operation
- Passion for food. We love food and so do our customers.
- Totally customer focused. We must always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- Honest, dedicated and hard working
- You must be a fun person with a good sense of humour who can enjoy work and the interaction with customers and other staff members
- Ambition and drive. We want our Assistant Pub Managers to have flair, ambition and the will to succeed and overcome challenges
- Fun, confident and enthusiastic personality who takes real pride in achieving exceptional customer service results.
- Attention to detail. Always keeping an eye out to make sure that all is in place.
- Enthusiastic to learn. You are comfortable in rising to challenges and are always putting yourself forward to get more involved.
- Proficient in IT with an understanding of spread sheets, word processing and social media
Our support to you
- Support, training and development to improve your competency and skills in the role and to aid towards progression opportunities in the future
- Competitive salary
- Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs for up to 4 people
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands
- Be part of our charity days and events
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- 4% Pension contribution
- Gym discount with Anytime Fitness
- Refer a friend scheme
Apply for Assistant Pub Manager - The Stag on the River, Godalming
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly