Sous Chef - Tarporley
Sous Chef - The Swan, Tarporley
The Swan is A Free House with all the freedom that the term implies, The Swan is a pub with attitude, to be enjoyed by anyone who likes good food, beer and wine in a relaxed atmosphere. The pubs inviting character together with its warm and friendly atmosphere, set in idyllic surroundings, the pub is perfectly situated for a refreshing pint or a long relaxing evening meal. Why not come and join the team here?
A fantastic opportunity has now arisen to become part of the kitchen team. With relevant experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are looking for an individual that not only demonstrates the skills listed below, but also has the ability to apply individual leadership and decision making to ensure our goals are achieved.
As our sous chef you will be required to meet the below requirements:
- Deliver a reliable efficient food service
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- At least 18 month's experience working as a Junior Chef / Sous Chef within a fresh food, environment
- Be flexible and the kind of person who jumps in to help to ensure service is never compromised
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Ability to assist with menu development
- Ability to prepare cook and all dishes
- Has excellent personal standards regarding time keeping, attendance and personal presentation
- Stock management to deliver menu availability and your GP target
- Rota organisation to control labour cost
- Ensure excellent Food Hygiene and Health & Safety standards at all times
- Driving passion for an exceptional customer experience
- Working with the General Manager to ensure every dish is perfect and served to spec
- Use your personal ambition to continually drive standards and achieve future progression
- Comfortable motivating a team to deliver on spec dishes at high volume
- Able to competently manage stock to achieve GP target and excellent food quality
- High levels of personal motivation, keen to progress to Head Chef in the near future
- Well-presented, articulate and enthusiastic
- Passionate about high-quality food and committed to great standards
- Ability to work alongside the Head Chef to take responsibility for a high-volume, fresh food kitchen
- To Lead a team of experienced chefs, motivating and coaching your staff to support their personal development
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things and offer you the opportunity to continually enhance your skillset.
Opportunity to develop and progress your career within a growing independent company.
Competitive rate of pay plus tronc received monthly
5.6 weeks holiday, pension plan and uniform.
50% discount card for food at all of our sites.
Apply for Sous Chef - Tarporley
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly