Assistant Health Club Manager - Northampton
Assistant Health Club Manager - LivingWell, Hilton Northampton
For our members joining LivingWell is about being part of a health club that cares, where they can enjoy quality facilities delivered with a genuine passion for service.
We take pride in the facilities and the services which we offer and have fun whilst doing it!
The Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuring we offer a safe and clean environment for our members to enjoy. You will need to be able to operate in a fast paced environment whilst being pro-active.
Being part of Hilton, we bring the reassurance of quality and excellent service. LivingWell Health Clubs assure that great pedigree, with gym equipment, indoor pools, therapeutic health and beauty treatments and a host of Hilton-related benefits exclusive to LivingWell members, including discounted dining.
Why join the Hilton family as an Assistant Health Club Manager?
- Hilton reached #9 in the World’s Best Places to Work - this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
- “It’s your world” –Your next role could be as a Health Club Manager or why not move into a different department like Sales, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
- Personal Development programmes
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
- Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
- 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
- Offering a salary up to £18000
What will I be doing?
- Assist with managing Health Club operations and team members to ensure motivation, provision of high quality service and engagement
- Active involvement in recruiting, managing and training of the team
- Positive impact in meeting targets and overall department budget
- Push sales locally to ensure wide exposure to the local area and manage potential member enquires
- Manage feedback effectively, ensuring exceptional service and programme improvement
- Ensure health, safety and COSHH regulations are complied with and club rules are observed by members, clients and guests
What are we looking for?
- At least NVQ level 2 in Fitness Instruction/Personal Training
- Supervisory/Management experience within the leisure sector
- Enjoy working on your own or in a team
- Genuinely friendly and caring
- Good communication, personal presentation and attention to detail
- Resilient and can work under pressure
To apply for this role
We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks. If you are successful, you will be invited for an interview followed by a trial shift.
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage