Commis Chef - Milton Keynes
Commis Chef - The Swan, Milton Keynes
Rewards and Benefits
- Partnership options and career development opportunities
- Live in accommodation (subject to availability)
- Opportunity to write specials and contribute to your seasonal menu
- Gain experience on every section in the kitchen
- Fun and Professional work environment
- Dedicated training Pathway
- Christmas day off
- 25% off when you eat in any Peach Pub
- Peach Adventure Days, learning more about The Good Stuff we serve e.g. Jimmy Butlers Pigs, Scallop fishing, Laverstoke Mozzarella
- Performance related incentives
- Invite to Peach Fest, our yearly Team Festival
- Child Care Vouchers
Outline of Role Expectations
- Love cooking, love the industry, love learning
- Passionate about great, seasonal ingredients
- Prefer dishes that show the skill, care & pride that went into it. Simple but with the wow factor that taste delicious
- Ambition – you want to be a Head Chef one day, and we will help you achieve this goal
- You’ll be working in a busy Gastropubs, serving lots of dishes at pace.
- Enjoy busy services and are able to keep calm under pressure
- Able to build a great relationship with your fellow chefs and FOH team
- Bring energy and have the stamina to inspire all the chefs in your team – including your sous and head chef
- Have good knife skills and a general understanding of basic cooking techniques
We are proud because:
- We’ve won The Caterer’s ‘Best Employers in Hospitality’ 5 consecutive years voted for by our team
- Number 45 in The Times Top 100 2017
- Numerous Acorn awards
- Winner of The Cateys
- The Peach Foundation – our charity (find out more on our website)
- We Make Life Peachy for our Teams, Guests and Suppliers
- eye. Dishes that show the skill, care & pride that went into it.
- We run busy Gastropubs, serving lots of dishes at pace. That means three or four good things, not ten processes.Keep it simple and do it well.
- Our Heroes: Rowley Leigh, Simon Hopkinson, Peter Gordon, Yotam Ottolenghi, Gary Rhodes, Raymond Blanc, Hugh Fearnley-WhittingstallJamie Oliver & Tom Kerridge
Day to Day:
- Live the Peach Values
- Excellent time keeping and enthusiasm on every shift
- Keep section clean and show vigilance in everything you do
- Updating of your chef book, and develop your personal repertoir
- Ability to accept deliveries, drive standards, strengthen relationships
- Understanding of cleanliness, health and hygiene, and correct management and cleanliness of equipment used in the kitchen
- Date and labelling, and understanding of the value of wastage
- Basic knife skills
- Ensure an organised kitchen, with accurate MEP sheets
In Peach we believe Great Hosting and Serving the Good Stuff is an art and we strive to achieve that every day in all of our pubs, we want to be the best place in town.
Whether you are kick starting your career in Hospitality or perfecting the skills you already have, Peach is the place for you.
We have won ‘Best Employers in Hospitality’ 5 years in a row, as voted by our teams, so we must be doing something right!
It’s a Peachy World. Together we work hard, play hard and share the rewards.
Apply for Commis Chef - Milton Keynes
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly