Head Chef - Kent
Head Chef - Sandwich, Kent - Live in Available
The Blazing Donkey requires a hands-on on head chef with a proven track record to run and manage our busy kitchen with the drive and determination to succeed.
Our venue is an extremely popular location for weddings and its hotel facilities attract a wide and varied client base with a good mix of business travel and leisure guests.
Our business is event and rooms led. We now wish to exploit the commercial opportunity that exists to create a destination restaurant that will be popular with local clients as well as visitors.
To successfully fulfil this role, you will have current experience and track record as a head chef in an established kitchen. You will also have:
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Excellent food knowledge
- Pro-active and reliable.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superb culinary skills with an emphasis on British on trend and classic cuisine (rosette standard minimum)
- Recruit own team, Motivational and creates team spirit
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and work on your own initiative, calmly and when under pressure
- Brilliant leadership skills with focus on teams development, training and progression
- Creating menus and controlling the costs
- Responsible for the hygiene and safety standards in the kitchen
- Excellent guest service skills with a background of exceeding and maintaining the guests expectations
- To consistently deliver the very highest of standards in food across all services; breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Must have the ability to lead, multi-task, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment
Must drive due to location - please apply today if this sounds like you!
Accommodation is available comprising two bedroom apartment/lodge with en-suite, kitchenette, lounge and gardens. This may be available on a temporary (relocation) or permanent basis.