Assistant General Manager - London
Assistant General Manager - Manor Park Fitness Centre
Overview / Purpose of Role
To manage centre services and activities within the site including swimming (where relevant), duty management, childcare (where relevant) and reception teams (where relevant) plus coaching teams in order to ensure the highest standards of visual presentation, financial achievement and customer service delivery.
To ensure that the day-to-day dry programmes at centre maximise the financial results whilst ensuring community and service delivery requirements are exceeded.
The post holder reports to a General Manager, and will be responsible for the day to day running of the centre.
- The post holder will be required to work a variety of shifts, including mornings, evenings and overnights.
- The post holder will be required to wear a uniform and to ensure that all staff adhere to this dress code.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
- Provide consistent management presence and leadership for the centre.
- Positively influence business performance through standards, and best business practice.
- Take and encourage ownership of customer complaints and subsequent follow up procedures
- Ensure centre operates in line with health and safety best practice at all times
- Take a leading role with centre challenges, and implement promotions with a view to exceed targets (KPI’s & Financial).
- Review the performance of all the facilities programmes and timetables, and submit a report to the General Manager outlining suggested improvements and the subsequent business impact when required.
- Partner the General Manager to design and implement ‘added value’ products for the customer base.
- Responsible for the management and correct operation of the leisure centres computer systems (Gladstone & Communicate)
- To help develop and play a positive role within all centre promotions, both specific to the centre’s secondary income, which help the centre reach its financial targets.
- Implement strategies to maximise member retention
- Assist with the planning and promotion of events to foster community interaction
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of all internal databases.
- Responsible for the consistent delivery of quality front of house reception service.
- Excellent knowledge of programmes, with a willingness to contribute to future programmes in order to positively impact on business targets.
- Be a role model for a healthy active lifestyle. Have the knowledge and standards excellence to sell our product with integrity.
- Recruit, develop and manage the centres team to high performance standards, to ensure that they have the right capabilities, behaviours and enthusiasm to deliver quality, engagement with members.
- Overall responsibility for producing and managing the team rota, in addition to leading the activities of the team to ensure that they provide our customers with a great service and achieve their personal goals.
- Implement strategies to drive team motivation
- To support the General Manager in adhering to company procedures in all aspects of the business
Role will be shift based to match business requirements. Cover operational shifts as required by General Manager.
Protecting Staff and Services
Adherence to health and safety requirements and proper risk management is required from all employees in so far as is relevant to their role. All employees are expected to understand and promote good Health and Safety practices and manage risks appropriately.
The criteria listed in this Person Specification are all essential to the job.
- Commercially aware, driven and a ‘self-starter’ who is comfortable to act autonomously within a clear framework.
- A leader with a track record in producing results and ensuring best standards
- Aware of sport and leisure trends and able to capitalise on new opportunity
- Knowledge of how to deliver a balanced facility programme and understand how to review and improve its effectiveness.
- Aptitude to communicate with people from all walks of life
- Has proven management experience including managing performance, improving potential, and effectively leading teams
- Two years supervisory experience in a successful leisure centre
- Has experience of developing strong talent pools and succession plans within their team, and has been involved in training others with regard to technical development
- Has produced management information, and instigated action to improve performance and results
- Is able to demonstrate experience of how they have worked with the wider centre team e.g. fitness/operations etc. to ensure consistent service delivery throughout the facility
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends to maintain and ensure consistent service delivery.