Operations Manager - London
Are you highly motivated with excellent organisational skills and a passion for operational excellence? Do you have inspirational leadership skills with the ability to influence direct & indirect reports to achieve success?
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to oversee and take responsibility for the day to day delivery of brilliant basics within the club; focussing on our key pillars of Safety, Standards & Service.
- Inspiring & motivating the club teams to deliver operational efficiency at all times ensuring a great member journey beyond expectations.
- Specifically driving safety, standards and service, ensuring a good working use of all facilities.
- Line management & motivation of the Service Manager and Membercare (cleaning) teams; including recruitment, training, development & performance management, as well as rota’s, payroll & day to day management.
- Managing the Service Manager rota ensuring adequate cover is always in place, utilising the wider HoD team and completing Service Manager shifts personally 2-3 times a week.
- Proactively seeking member feedback and resolving any issues in a positive manner
- Support the General Manager in key areas and deputising in their absence.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week; 5 days out of 7. Flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business and will include, 'earlies' (...), 'lates' (...) & weekends (...) shifts to support club opening hours. The successful candidate will need to be available for the full complexity of shifts, which are on a rota basis.
What we can’t live without:
Friendly & approachable, we’re looking for someone with a hands on approach who can work well under pressure and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Operational experience within customer facing environment.
- Management experience with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the willingness to be approachable to members & staff and a genuine interest in tackling & resolving member issues.
In depth knowledge of H&S guidelines and regulations.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Virgin Tribe – discounts on loads of Virgin products & services
- Great development with the ability to apply for our Future Leader’s Programme
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Holiday & pension contributions
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.