Sous Chef - Barnes
Sous Chef – Rick Stein Barnes
Are you an experienced Sous Chef looking for the next step in your career? If so we'd love to hear from you! We’re looking for a Sous Chef to join our large kitchen team at Rick Stein Barnes.
As Sous Chef you'll share our passion for great food and you'll play a key role in supporting our Head Chef with the running of the kitchen. You will be a role model for the kitchen team and support with the team’s development.
Rick Stein Barnes was acquired by Rick Stein and Jill Stein in October 2016 and has recently undergone an exciting refurbishment. Guests can enjoy some of Rick Stein’s most iconic dishes such as the Dover sole a la Meunière and salt and pepper prawns as well as a selection of new dishes including stifado, a rabbit stew inspired by Rick’s travels to Greece, with caramelised onions, red wine, cinnamon and currants.
As Sous Chef we'll support you to develop your skills and we will give you all of the guidance that you'll need to progress your career within the team.
The benefits you'll receive as Sous Chef:
- A share of tips (tronc) from customers
- 20% discount in our shops and restaurants
- A complimentary meal for yourself and a guest in one of our restaurants each year after your first six months
- Preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- A reward when you recommend a friend to work with us
- Rewards as part of our recognition scheme which range from a bottle of wine to a prize worth up to £250
- Full-time and part-time opportunities to suit your circumstances
- The opportunity to join a childcare voucher scheme (until April 2018)
- The opportunity to work overtime on top of your normal working hours
- Access to our employee assistance programme provided by leading charity Hospitality Action
- Team events with the opportunity to meet Rick Stein and Jill Stein
What you'll be doing as Sous Chef:
- Leading the Kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Acting as a role model for the team
- Monitoring stock and wastage
- Ensuring dating and labelling of produce
- Assisting the head chef in the scheduling, development and recruiting of staff
If this sounds like the next step in your career as a Sous Chef, we’d love to hear from you!
Click the apply button to submit your application.