Assistant Pub Manager - Cirencester
Assistant Pub Manager - The Village Pub, Cirencester
Barnsley House is situated in the centre of the Cotswold village of Barnsley, near Cirencester, this is a country hotel like no other. Set in exquisite landscaped gardens Barnsley House is reminiscent of a stunning stately home with grounds to match. When it comes to dinner time, you can choose between The Potager restaurant or The Village Pub. The Potager is light and airy and serves fresh, local produce and vegetables picked from our very own kitchen garden (where possible). The Village Pub provides a relaxed alternative, serving delicious food, great ales, open fires and comfy seating.
The Calcot Collection is a small privately owned company that is home to a portfolio of four acclaimed hotels. Not considering ourselves as a group, each of our hotels celebrates its own style and personality and offers a different and unique experience that is signature to their offering.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
- To ensure a smooth running of The Village Pub.
- Management of The Village Pub team.
- Develop business and promote to local community and hotel guests
- Assist and support Village Pub Manager
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision and Development of the Village Pub team
- Liaising with Head Chef daily regarding menu and new dishes
- Implementing high standard practice and policies of business
- To ensure the implementation and maintenance of legislation and procedures in a consistent manner
- Allocation of tasks to waiting staff
- Ensuring high standards of spot check of tables, inside and outside areas
- Responsible for management of bookings
- Staff training
- Supervision of all facilities
- General administration to include timesheets in the Pub managers absence
- Managing fuel stock
- Implementing the golden rules of hospitality
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Previous experience in working within a Pub environment
- Good industry knowledge
- Previous supervisory experience
- High working practices and standards
- Strong Interpersonal skills
Training and support:
The company runs an integrated scheme designed to reach all levels under the banner of the Calcot Academy. We are committed to people development at all stages and the long service of our key staff bears witness to this.
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Uniform provided
- Meals while on duty
- Paid overtime and tips
- Free car park
- Discounts on food and stays in our properties
Applicants should be aware that at the present time we cannot consider anyone not holding an EU passport because of immigration legislation. All candidates must prove that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. We cannot assist with obtaining visas.
Apply for Assistant Pub Manager - Cirencester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly