Camp Team Leader - Wokingham
School Holidays Camp Team Leader - Holme Grange Holiday Camp, Wokingham
Oxford Active runs children's holiday camps in every school holiday at school sites throughout Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Warwickshire and Gloucestershire for children aged 3 – 14 years.
We need experienced, reliable and enthusiastic staff to join our team to run fun, exciting activities, and keep children safe in a stimulating and caring environment.
To be responsible for the day-to-day organisation and operation of all children and staff related to a particular year group at Holiday Camp. To ensure that the highest possible standards are met, children are kept happy and safe, all their learning and development needs are met and that parents receive regular and accurate feedback.
Hours: 8am - 6pm, school holidays only
- Oversee the planning of a varied programme of activities suitable for the age range you are responsible for.
- Lead and take part in a daily programme of activities which children will find fun and challenging
- Supervise the team of staff working in your age group to ensure the highest standards are maintained and all children’s needs are met
- Ensure that all staff are familiar with and stick to the daily routine and are familiar with and understand all relevant policies, procedures and risk assessments
- Ensure that staff clean and tidy all facilities and equipment every day
- Attend daily briefing sessions and liaise with Oxford Active Camp Manager as necessary
Health and Safety
- Be aware of and understand the relevant Ofsted requirements and standards
- Be familiar with risk assessments and assist with updates as necessary
- Administer first aid as appropriate
- Know and understand Oxford Active’s safeguarding policy and ensure it is adhered to at all times
- Carry out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework
- Work within agreed policies and procedures.
- Experience of working with 3 – 14 year old children in a play or sports environment
- An appropriate qualification (eg Playwork, Childcare or Sports Leadership) at Level 3 is desirable but not essential
- Must be prepared to attend regular in-house training as well as First Aid, Safeguarding and other relevant courses as necessary.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, particularly with children
- Leadership skills, previous camp experience, enthusiasm and a positive attitude essential
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- All staff need to pass strict safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure
Apply for Camp Team Leader - Wokingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly