Maintenance Assistant - Alexandria
Maintenance Assistant - Cameron House Resort, Alexandria
40 hours, 5 days from 7 including weekend work
£17,472 gross per annum
Cameron House Loch Lomond is a 5* Luxury hotel resort located on the banks of Loch Lomond 40 minutes from Glasgow city Centre. The resort has an array of facilities including a large 17 treatment room spa, leisure club, marina, 2 golf courses 4 restaurants and 134 bedrooms and suites.
The Maintenance Assistant will work under the direction of the Assistant Maintenance Manager and Property Manager to ensure that routine maintenance and repairs are performed as directed, ensuring the assets and equipment within the resort are operating at maximum efficiency in order to achieve high levels of guest satisfaction.
The Maintenance Assistant will be expected to work to the Cameron Values at all times, ensuring they are Consistent, Accountable, Motivated, Excellent, Respectful, Opportunistic and Nurturing; always working to the goal of achieving our vision to be “Scotland’s leading destination resort”.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Perform routine preventative maintenance and corrective repairs. These works will be varied and may not be limited to the following:
- Basic joinery
- Basic tiling
- Silicone sealing of bathroom fixtures
- Basic plumbing including unblocking drains and toilets
- Replacing lamps
- Working at height
- Resetting and starting of plant and equipment
- Fire alarm testing
- Furniture repair
- Minor electrical checks and repairs
- Cleaning of plant, equipment and work areas including plant rooms
- Carry out compliance checks as directed
- Ensure paperwork is completed to the highest standard at all times.
- Follow work instructions given and ensure safe systems of work and standard procedures are followed.
- Be aware of, and comply with health and safety systems and site risk assessments
- Be aware of, and comply with all company policies
- Undertake online training in relevant topics to your role
- Be willing to take part in an on call rota (currently 1 in 5 weeks)
- Be willing to work a shift pattern including working one weekend in three.
- Support all staff on site with maintenance issues and pass to the management team as required
- Undertake training and be involved in the Fire Marshal party
- Undertake training and be an active first aider
- Complete requisition forms when parts are required or stock is running low
- Deliver a positive and approachable outlook at all times to ensure a favourable guest experience
- Deal with guest complaints in a professional way, showing initiative and drive to resolve any issues.
Experience and Qualifications
No official trade qualifications are required for this post however, experience within a similar role would be an advantage along with a desire to begin or further your career within a Maintenance Department.
All Maintenance Assistants may be required to use a PC and smartphone or tablet in their day-to-day role and therefore must possess basic computing skills.
The Maintenance Assistant may be required to drive throughout the resort and should hold a full, valid driving licence