Restaurant/Pub Manager - Warrington
We are currently recruiting for a Restaurant/ Public House Manager on an interim basis, to join highly successful team in Warrington, where you will receive a competitive salary plus amazing benefits which include FREE parking, FREE membership to our state of the art gyms, excellent holiday allowance as well as discounted food & beverage and stays in our hotels.
As our Restaurant/ Public House Manager you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. You should have a warm, personable nature and a can do attitude. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed.
You must have experience in a similar environment with the knowledge and confidence to deliver the role described below combined with a passion for delivering exceptional service through your team.
To be successful in your application for the position of Restaurant/ Public House Manager, you must possess the following:
Your role is to deliver an outstanding Drinking and Eating experience for Members and hotel guests, through a motivated and fully trained team who love what they do. You put considerable effort into understanding your local market and into attracting and retaining members. You take overall responsibility for all Bars as well as the smooth running of the Restaurant/ Public House operations in terms of both sales, costs, GP% and all KPI's. Deliver consistently high standards of service and customer satisfaction in line with company procedures and unit profitability, through your team who are known for happy, productive and positive member interaction.
You achieve this by recruiting and selecting talented people, training the team in the delivery of great standards and service and taking a hands-on approach, characterised by energy and attention to driving Excellence. You relish the responsibility and truly own the performance of your Bar and team, getting a real buzz from its success.
People – You have the right people in the right place at the right times. They’re trained and supported, using their natural talents to deliver beyond expectations. You instil and sustain a culture of excellence with appropriate levels of informality and fun, providing leadership, motivation and development, taking into account employee welfare.
Presentation and standards - the Restaurant/ Public House must always be prepared and ready for service according to agreed brand guidelines. Operational standards to be the best they can possibly be regarding service, hygiene, health & safety and the teams presentation and uniform standards. Quality is your middle name.
A Great Customer Experience – Successful day to day operations within the Restaurant/ Public House ensures that expectations are met and where possible exceeded. You cater for all and ensure that our people, products and service are memorable, as we build our reputation as the destination to go to.
Product knowledge – as a Team Manager in Village, you recruit, motivate and challenge a talented team, who always look to go the extra mile to ensure they have the product knowledge to please our Leisure club members and guests, in relation to the whole Village package. All of this, combined with your commercial ‘savvy’ to make sure that we deliver great results within realistic budgets, makes you the obvious choice for us and assures you of an opportunity for fun, teamwork and job satisfaction whilst also supporting centrally driven promotional activity.
Communications – with your team on a daily basis, other hotel departments and guests / leisure club members, so that everyone knows what our offering is and is encouraged to try it and return for more. Implement and adhere to the KPI’s in relation to meetings with the GM, Food & Beverage Manager & Team Leaders.
Bars Performance – you ensure that the Restaurant/ Public House team contributes to overall hotel performance targets appropriately through demonstrating a sales driven passion with excellent margin and payroll control to deliver stretching but achievable budgets. Further, add value to overall hotel performance through teamwork with GM, Food & Beverage Manager and other HODs or Village hotels as required and consistently adopting agreed ways of working, according to published KPI’s.
- Results – achieve agreed sales and cost control targets but not at the expense of quality.
- Quality of the overall Restaurant/ Public House product and service delivery from the team. Attention to detail is vital. Overall a ‘smoothly run’ operation.
- Great Service – Always looking to improve. Query / complaint resolution to be swift and effective. Mystery Guest scores to be at / in excess of agreed targets.
- Leadership – provide vision, motivate and evaluate individuals and teams. Role model our standards relentlessly. Your enthusiasm is infectious and catching!
- Management and development of talented people – Recruit, induct and train talented individuals. Day to day rotas, coaching & performance reviews, developing individuals to excel in their own role and have potential for career progression within Village. Communicate focus areas, targets, and updates. Delivery of department raining Plan.
- Financial performance – Treat the Restaurant/ Public House as if it was your own business. Drive sales. Contain costs through understanding Department P&L and managing budget spend including optimising staffing levels. Manage day to day cash handling and security of monies received.
- Statutory compliance including all Licensing/Food Safety related Health & Safety obligations and Licensing Laws. Sign off monthly Restaurant/ Public House Risk Assessments and Health & Safety Audit.
- Previous Experience within this or a similar role. Proven success in managing within the Hotel/Licensing environment, achieving results with and through a team.
- Results driven, with a sense of urgency about achieving objectives and a problem solving approach
- Personality - customer facing presence, rapport builder. Calm and assured under pressure.
- Passion for the business. Pacy and energetic. Dynamic. ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Leadership capability – Leads from the front and delegates effectively.
- Coach and hands on trainer
- Plate spinner and problem solver. Well organised and structured in approach.
- Commercially savvy – awareness of how to make the Department perform to agreed targets. Is interested in market developments.
- Confidence to demand high standards from others, challenge upwards for appropriate resources, to make your department the best.
Why choose Village?
We operate at the luxury/lifestyle end of the market with typically 110/160 bedrooms. Each of our hotels is equipped with fantastic leisure and dining facilities. Our hotels also have a Starbucks, meeting rooms and conference facilities. We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way.
If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels and would like to work for a company that gives you job security, supportive management, a great team spirit and a real feeling of inclusiveness then Village Hotels is the place for you.
Our values and behaviours (inspirational, driven, commercial, detailed and resilient) demonstrate our passion for giving our guests an excellent experience and our staff the best career opportunities.
Apply now to be our Restaurant/Pub Manager.