Chef de Partie - Skipton
Chef de Partie - The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa, Skipton
The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa offers a fantastic opportunity to anyone looking to join a rapidly growing business with an ambition to be a significant landmark hotel. The 71 bedroom 4 AA star hotel also plays host to a wide array of activities on the 1400 acre estate which includes; a state of the art spa, a Shooting Ground (CPSA Premier Plus standard), Archery, Falconry Centre, 4x4 Off-Road Experience, Fly-Fishing on the 24 acre lake or River Aire.
The Huntsman’s Lodge, Nourish Brasserie and Macleod’s restaurant and bar form the heart of the hotel and all offer a wide range of locally produced food. We offer excellent conference and meeting facilities forming the base of unique team building days. Weddings are also a significant part of our business.
We are a family run hotel which is privately owned by the Bannister family, who are involved in the day to day running of the business.
The existing 140 Coniston Hotel team are very customer centered and if you pride yourself on delivering excellent customer service then you will fit in well.
The main purpose of the role is to assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in ensuring that preparation, food production and food service are carried out to the highest standard and in accordance with the food hygiene regulations.
Reporting to: Head Chef and Sous Chef
Responsible for : N/A
- Managing the general day to day running of a section
- Assisting in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food and monitoring of food quality and presentation.
- Ensure that all food served is to the required high quality standard.
- Ensure at all times that safety standards are being adhered to (including COSHH and food hygiene)
- Ensure quality control for both incoming and outgoing goods.
- Ensure that accurate temperature readings are taken on a daily basis
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment, fixtures and fittings are in good working order and no item of equipment is misused. Report equipment faults to the Sous Chef
- Ensure that all cleaning schedules are adhered to and hygiene checked daily.
- Participate in induction and any other training designed to improve standards and performance
- Work in accordance with standard procedures within the section
- Keeping the work areas tidy and, safe and reporting any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management and observe all the requirements under the Health & Safety at Work act (1989).
- Any other duties as directed by management
- As a minimum educated to GCSE standard in English and Mathematics
- Willing to work toward an NVQ level 2 qualification in catering or the equivalent
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Proven team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Flexibility is essential as the role holder is required to work a range of shifts.
- Own transport is also essential due to the shifts and location of the Hotel
- Able to delegate and provide direction to junior colleagues
- 2 years plus experience in a similar role
- NVQ level 2 qualification in Catering or the equivalent
Due to the volume of applications, we can only reply to the successful applicants. However, we will keep you CV on file for future reference.
Apply for Chef de Partie - Skipton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly