Head Therapist - Skipton
Head Therapist - The Coniston Spa, Skipton
Reports to: Spa Manager
Directly responsible for : Spa Therapists and Spa Butlers
We are looking to employ a passionate, well presented Head Therapist here at The Coniston Spa. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled and talented and be able to lead & motivate a strong team of therapists to deliver an outstanding service & grow the business. Our Head Therapist will administer a wide range of professional 5 star treatments to our guests. They must have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities, possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to train in our spa’s specific massage and body treatment offerings. They must possess excellent communication skills, customer service and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests. They must be qualified to a minimum of level 3 in beauty or equivalent.
Our head therapist will be expected to:
Maximise spa profitability through:
- Proven track record for high retail sales.
- Be an advocate for the spa, actively promoting all services and promotions.
- Keeping a tight control on product usage and supervising the team to adhere to these measures
- Good negotiation and strong control on costs and stock management
- Very high quality treatments which are superbly and consistently delivered , and active upsell for repeat bookings.
- Assist in Recruiting, training and developing a high performing, well-motivated team of therapists who deliver consistently high standards
- Define and implement Standards of procedures for all aspects of the treatment area and guest journey ensuring all the therapist team
- Deliver a high standard of treatments personally and build up a repertoire of repeat guests.
- Undertake weekly and monthly management reporting
- Lead by example- display high levels of professionalism at all times
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing and developing Spa treatment offerings to reflect market, customer demand, local opportunities and recommend changes/additions/development to Manager
- Ensure good ,up to date product knowledge and optimise support from product suppliers
- Innovate and develop new treatments & services – to maximise spend of spa clients an members
- Assist in reviewing and developing our retail range of products to meet customer needs market opportunity, ensuring an agreed profit margin with attractive pricing.
- Continually look for new ways to expand the business.
Sales & Marketing
- Work with the reception supervisor and Marketing team to develop a programme of marketing and promotion to encourage sales growth, new customers, repeat purchase and increased spend per visit. In particular:
- Maximise sales to hotel guests pre and post arrival at the hotel
- Promote Spa treatments to all wedding, function meeting and conference groups
- Encourage increased loyalty with development of maintenance
- Maximise spa retail sales in the spa and at main reception by ensuring displays are to the highest of standards and keeping up to date with the latest trends
- Maximise sales of all treatments and achieve a high level of occupancy for each treatment room
- Ensure that staff rotas and bookings are combined and constantly amended to deliver a high level of staff utilisation ( Therapists : 80% plus)
- Ensure accurate customer and treatment records / products used & utilise information to support sales/ customer service for repeat guests
- Aim to always re-book clients and encourage all therapists to do so.
Develop and set the highest of standards on the whole customer journey through the spa and ensure all procedures, standards, systems and processes are fully defined and trained and ensure this is delivered consistently by each therapist
- Ensure the spa atmosphere, and physical environment , provides a haven of tranquillity and evokes an atmosphere of relaxation and calm
- Provide a friendly customer welcome, service and support – courteous, cheerful and helpful dealings with phone calls, face to face clients, emails, website enquiries and bookings, completing sales and taking payments when required
- Ensure all standards are met and maintained through the use of effective check lists, which should be reviewed/developed as required
- Maintain up to date version of Spa procedures and ensure compliance
- Deal with any customer complaints and report outcome to Manager.
- Celebrate compliments/ congrats and ensure all staff mentioned are complimented. Demonstrate a quirt, tranquil and serene environment at all times.
- Ensure that all the team respect the need for peace and tranquillity.
- Create a culture of check and action
- Review and adhere to the treatment journey Standards and procedures
- Know all of our offerings including packages and their inclusions
- Take pride in the cleanliness of all aspects of the spa and flag any issues with Management.
- Monitor highest standards within each treatment room daily and demonstrate the
Deliver First Class Treatments
- Go above and beyond to exceed guests expectation in all treatments and monitor therapists guest interaction.
- Recruit, retain and develop a strong team of therapists/ assistants, which are well trained and motivated but also organised flexibly in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Train, coach and mentor to deliver a consistently high standard of treatment delivery
- Ensure effective and responsive rota-ing that ensures therapists are available when there is customer demand and not when there is not.
- Manage the rota and to ensure that it is kept up to date on our Premier Spa booking system and that staff are always updated.
- Ensure spa profitability/contribution through high utilisation of therapists, strong occupancy of treatments rooms, and strong sales of spa products and ancillary sales
- Work with Manager to analyse profitability of each Spa treatment, including turnaround time – maximise sales of most profitable treatments and ‘close out’ less profitable treatments at popular times
- Maintain positive professional relationship with suppliers and gain the most benefit from their experience, support, marketing initiatives, promotional offers, product evenings, training etc.
- Ensure effective use of Premier Spa Reservations system to generate improvements in sales, costs and business management
- Ensure accurate records of treatments carried out, and retail products sold, are maintained, to enable claiming of staff commission/incentives Stock Ordering & Control
- Be able to feedback criticism in a professional and productive manner
- Have proven success in a similar role - managing, motivating & controlling a team of therapists
- Budget management experience in terms of sales and costs control
- Good treatment knowledge/experience
- Good Retail knowledge/ experience – able to achieve retail targets and experience in training retail sales techniques
- Knowledge/ previous training in our Spa Brands Aromatherapy Associate’s, Natura Bisse, Jessica and Mii Cosmetics.
- Have at least 2 years Spa Experience
At least NVQ3 in Beauty or equivalent
- Outgoing, friendly & confident
- Professional & high standards
- Flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Very customer focused
- Good team leader
- Passionate about the Spa Industry
Competitive salary depending upon experience generous commissions.
Apply for Head Therapist - Skipton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly