Beauty Therapist - Ashford
Beauty Therapist - Eastwell Manor
Reports to: Day Manager & Spa Manager
Responsible For: N/A
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Hampshire and Kent.
As a Beauty Therapist, you will provide consultations and treatments to clients, maintain and improve services to them, ensuring they are carried out in a professional manner at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out beauty treatments to the required standards ensuring the specific treatment time is adhered to.
- To give professional advice to guests and promote available treatments.
- To promote products, along with a full home care prescription.
- To stay with the guests throughout the treatment, escorting them to and from the pickup point.
- To liaise in a positive and constructive manner with the Day Manager and receptionists on the days scheduled treatments, any changes, additions etc. in order to meet the ever changing needs of our guests.Flexibility and cooperation are required.
- To attend any appropriate training courses required.
- To keep up to date with developments relating to the product ranges and any new treatments.
- To ensure that equipment is fully operational and clean and report any defects t maintenance via the Day or Spa Manager at any time of the day.
- To adhere to Health and Safety regulations by using safe work practices.
- To turn off equipment and lights after use.
- To ensure all equipment and utensils are appropriately sterilised.
- To be punctual at all times.
- To attend all departmental meetings.
- To inform the Day or Spa Manager of any medical conditions or behaviour from guests that us unusual or causes concern e.g. skin condition, bruising etc.
- To assist in the cleaning and tidying of the treatment areas including laundry runs etc.
- To ensure your room is fully prepared and stocked before your first treatment.
- To report any incidents, accidents or any guest dissatisfaction to the Day or Spa Manager promptly.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as delegated by the Spa Management Team, Managing Director and Company Owners.
- NVQ 2 and 3 or equivalent.
- Experience working in a Spa or Beauty Salon.
- Will consider newly qualified Beauty Therapist.
- Good motivational skills
- Outstanding customer service
- Effective communication skills dealing with client’s individual requirements and needs.
- Attention to detail
Knowledge and Understanding
- Knowledge of all treatment procedures and product and be able to adapt treatments to a clients need.
We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- Fabulous commission scheme and incentives
- Training with ongoing development
- Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service.
- Generous staff discount in the Champney’s boutique and retail offer.
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at Champneys resorts.
- Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period.
- Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
- Discounted Champneys Club Membership.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Option to join private healthcare scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
Some restrictions or variations may apply depending on resort, role and length of service. Our benefits package is subject to review from time to time.