Conference and Banqueting Supervisor
Ashdown Park Hotel, East Sussex, now has an exciting opportunity available for a Conference and Banqueting Supervisor Ashdown Park Hotel and Country Club is a stunning grade two listed country house set in 186 acres of beautiful grounds on the edge of the Ashdown Forest. An award winning 4 red star Hotel, fine dining two rosette Anderida Restaurant and fully equipped Country Club and Spa, we offer our guests a complete experience. Overview: As Operational Conference and Banqueting Supervisor you will provide the highest standard of guest service in our beautiful banqueting areas, maintaining our 4 Red Star standard.You will help to run all functions within the hotel including corporate events, private parties and weddings. Your area will need to be run effectively and hygienically at all times ensuring attention to detail and subtle selling technique. Your communication skills and 'can do' attitude which you will use with our guests and with your team members will be one of your biggest strengths. As C & B Supervisor you will help the C & B Manager and his Deputy to improve the operational efficiency of the department, sometimes leading small teams during busy events. You will be contracted to 35 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7 including weekend and bank holiday work, with additional hours often available depending on business needs. Attributes/Experience:
- Very good command of English.
- Be confident in working within a team or on your own.
- Have experience in silver service, sound beverage knowledge and be aware of the UK licensing regulations.
- Previous experience in a similar customer service role with some leadership skills is desirable.
- 4/5 star exposure in a food and beverage environment is desirable.
- You will need to have excellent attention to detail and be 'standards' driven.
- The opportunity to work in one of the country's foremost heritage hotels.
- You will be working in one of the AA's Top 200 4 Star Hotels in the UK and Ireland and proud members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations.
- Free use of Leisure facilities.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- Company personal contributory pension scheme.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Complimentary meals on duty.
- Quality uniforms provided and dry cleaned.
- Free car parking.