Sales Manager - Manchester
Britannia Country House
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 53 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Sales Manager
- The new sales manager will be tasked to support and drive the sales within the hotel and to cross sell the portfolio ensuring the delivery to budget of the key segments within the hotel. The management of the corporate, local and agent accounts within a defined territory on behalf of the group.
- To develop the area for new business as well as driving additional business from an existing portfolio of accounts.
- With this in mind the hotel is now recruiting for an experienced Sales manager to drive the local and national business forward and be part of a changing team to deliver results.
- Applicants must have previous sales experience in the hotel industry.
- Maximise the potential of the Hotel aiming to increase occupancy percentage and achieve room rates
- Produce and implement a sales and marketing plan in conjunction with the General manager
- Co-ordinate marketing activities within the Hotel both inside the Sales Office and other departments.
- To maximise business potential for corporate rate/ commercial rate.
- To source new opportunities in the local or national market
- To maximise corporate rate business from business travel agents
- To contract companies for LPR/commercial rates based on volume business.
- To monitor productivity of all corporate accounts and evaluates accordingly.
- To be conversant with Opera and the central reservation network to maximise revenue and opportunities for promotion.
- To promote the Hotels conference and meeting room facilities to all conference placement
- Introduce clients to the Hotel for inspection visits and provide hospitality where necessary.
- Project the image of the Hotel in a positive manner acting as a public relations person as required.
- To be fully aware of all major events in the area that may affect the demand for rooms on any given period.
- To be aware of all Hotel competitors, their products, facilities and rates offered e.g. S.W.O.T Analysis.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Job Share and Part Time applications will be considered.
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Apply for Sales Manager - Manchester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly