Sales Manager - Bournemouth
Sales Manager - Britannia Royal Bath Hotel, Bournemouth
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Sales Manager
Reporting to: Hotel General Manager
You will help us spread the word about this classically styed hotel. Opened on Queen Victoria’s coronation day in June 1838, The Royal Bath Hotel was the first hotel in Bournemouth and embodies the finest traditions of first class comfort and hospitality.
You will also work in a cluster role to help promote and grow the business at our other hotels in Bournemouth. You will have a dynamic and naturally motivated quality when it comes to hotel sales.
- You will maximise the potential of the Hotel aiming to increase occupancy percentage and achieve room rates
- You will produce and implement a sales and marketing plan
- Co-ordinate marketing activities within the Hotel both inside the Sales Office and other departments.
- You will maximise business potential for corporate rate/ commercial rate.
- You will source new opportunities in the local or national market
- To monitor productivity of all corporate accounts and evaluates accordingly.
- To be conversant with Opera and the central reservation network to maximise revenue and opportunities for promotion.
- You will lead a team and ensure Conference and Banqueting business targets for revenue, occupancy and profit are achieved.
- You will grow Conference and Banqueting and function business through proactive selling and effective conversion of all enquiries using the agreed company system, maximum profit at all times.
- You will ensure that every sales opportunity is realised and converted into bookings.
- Previous or existing hotel sales experience
- Have the determination and drive to hit deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate successful selling in the hospitality industry
- Understand hospitality, Events and Conference Environment
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Meals on duty (Subject eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.