Sous Chef - Weston-Super-Mare
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Sous Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef
- Supervise the function of all kitchen employees, the kitchen, sales and costs to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- To control the following:
- Quality levels of product and services relating to the food operation.
- Operating costs in relation to the achievement of profit.
- Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene.
- Oversee, co-ordinate and become directly involved in the preparation, presentation and service of food products to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Under the direction from the Head Chef, carry out the unit food stock control procedure on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Develop formal training plans and supervise on-the-job training sessions for all food production employees and kitchen related staff.
- Observe the health, hygiene, fire and other legal and statutory requirements affecting the kitchen.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a chef de partie.
- >You must have high standards of presentation and service.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others.
- Flexibility and adaptability essential.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.