Maintenance Manager - Horley
Britannia Airport Inn Gatwick Hotel
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Maintenance Manager
Reporting To: General Manager
Working closely with the senior management team you will be responsible for all engineering operations including building and plant maintenance and protection, grounds, maintenance of bedrooms and public space and energy conservation. Consistently strive to ensure guest and teams satisfaction and long term asset protection.
- Supervises the daily operation of the maintenance team and in particular the planning and organisation of the maintenance teams’ work
- Prepares specification and proposals for maintenance work required
- Liaises with the hotel’s operational departments to ensure all guest needs and operational functions are prioritised.
- Arrange and coordinate work with contractors ensuring it is completed to the required standard
- Ensures that necessary inspections of lifts, boilers etc are carried out and records maintained.
- Ensures all electrical equipment is in safe working order in line with current regulations.
- Ensures regular testing and management of the hotel’s safety systems.
- Ensures compliance with necessary statutory requirements relating to the maintenance function
- Ensures that all fire fighting equipment is in good order and the alarm system is tested regularly in line with local authority requirements
- Is fully conversant with the hotel’s fire and emergency procedures and ensure that departmental responsibilities are adhered to.
- Ensures all certificates of compliance are maintained and up to date in accordance with legislation i.e. electrical, mechanical, plant, water, etc.
- Operates an efficient defects reporting system, ensuring prompt and appropriate action and follow up is taken.
- Responds effectively to emergencies.
- Ensures a planned preventive maintenance system is in place.
- Ensuring effective control of purchases and supplies.
- Continually monitors the energy consumption and implements measures resulting in savings in energy costs using the guidelines. Monitors utility bills to ensure charges are correct.
- Effectively manages waste.
- Ensuring H&S standards are maintained and managed within the department and hotel in respect of risk assessments, fire safety, COSHH, manual handling, working with electricity and gas and handling machinery
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Department and takes corrective action as required – equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, etc.
- Coordinates and works closely with the central projects, design and buildings’ division.
- Assists in the recruitment, training and management of maintenance personnel and assists in the training of all staff in respect of statutory training.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Applicants must have trade qualification and experience in plumbing, electrical or general building maintenance.
- Previous management experience within a maintenance function in a medium to large hotel or similar is also essential.
- Good interpersonal, organisational skills and people management skills.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.