Chef - Coventry
Second Chef, Royal Court Hotel, Coventry
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Second Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef
- Supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or back of house areas.
- To ensure that all food items are prepared for service as per the specification and at the correct time.
- To maintain the standards set by the Head Chef/Line Manager for food preparation and presentation at all times.
- To ensure food temperature checks are carried out as directed by company policy and logged.
- To ensure correct portion control specifications are adhered to at all times.
- To adhere to food hygiene regulations and cleaning schedules at all times.
- To maintain a clean, safe and tidy work environment at all times.
- To train and encourage other members of the department as required.
- To familiarise yourself with any company procedures manual.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.