Switch Board Operator - Bournemouth
Britannia Royal Bath Hotel, Bournemouth
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Switch Board Operator
Reporting to: Front of House Manager
- To be fully conversant with the switchboard system.
- To be fully conversant with the computer system.
- To ensure Brand Standards are in operation and new standards implemented.
- To ensure all messages taken for guests and the hotel to be passed promptly and accurately to the relevant people.
- To have knowledge of how the fax machine works.
- To ensure all faxes received for guests and the Hotel are passed promptly and accurately to the relevant people.
- To be fully aware of in-house conferences and town events.
- To be aware of Management and staff on duty.
- To ensure a daily ‘ring round’ is completed and updated, when necessary.
- To liaise with housekeeping, maintenance and reception staff on status of rooms.
- To report any positive/negative comments to the Manager.
- To maintain the companies grooming standards at all times.
- To attend training sessions as requested.
- To undertake any reasonable request made by Management.
- To always work to Britannia Hotels standards.
- To be fully familiar with all Health and Safety instructions relevant to your area of work.
- To adhere to all current legislation pertaining to fire, health and safety in connection with the Front of House Department.
Switchboard and Opera experience is desirable.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.