Front Office Supervisor/Team Leader - Horley
Gatwick Airtport Inn
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Front of House Supervisor
Reporting to: Front of House Manager
- To recruit, train, motivate and control reception staff, switchboard staff, reservations staff, concierge and housekeeping, to ensure the best customer service at all times.
- To ensure effective room rate management to maximize occupancy and maintain or improve room yield.
- To ensure that all front office operational and control procedures are maintained effectively.
- To ensure all staff maintain a courteous and helpful approach to customers at all times.
- To identify sales opportunities and create a sales driven team of professionals.
- To ensure that all customer comments and complaints are acted upon with all due diligence.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures used within the department and the hotel, and you must also provide help and support as required.
- To ensure all monies, floats and accounts are safeguarded and maintained effectively.
The candidate must have:
- Previous experience in a similar role in 100+ bedroom hotel.
- Previous experience of computerized reservations and guest billing systems, Opera experience preferred.
- Proven management experience in recruiting, training, developing and controlling staff.
- Able to develop effective relationships with staff and other departmental heads.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.