Meeting & Events Team Member - Aberdeen
We have an of exciting opportunity for Meeting and Events Team Member to join our highly successful team in Aberdeen, on a zero hours, flexible basis, where you will receive a competitive salary plus amazing benefits which include FREE parking, FREE membership to our state of the art gyms, excellent holiday allowance as well as discounted food & beverage and stays in our hotels.
As our Meeting and Events Team Member you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. You should have a can do attitude. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed.
You must have experience in a similar environment with the knowledge and confidence to deliver the role described below.
As a Meeting and Events Team Member you will:
- Deliver the highest professional standards of service for our customers across a variety of events.
- Be a critical part of the Events team – they can’t do it without you.
- Greet guests with confidence and professionalism, whilst having the knowledge to ensure a safe environment for hotel guests and visitors and demonstrating a passion for wanting them to really enjoy their visit to Village.
- WOW conference guests with your enthusiasm and attention to detail from welcome to farewell.
- Set up and service meeting rooms to specified requirements, always with a keen eye for detail.
- Be technically savvy; able to operate AV equipment safely and efficiently
- Ensure that all M&E equipment is stored correctly and safely
- Have a passion for F&B; serve with confidence and flare and, utilise/develop your own knowledge of upselling at every opportunity.
- Participate in ensuring your operate and comply with all statutory requirements;
- Be a team player; support the team and take pride in doing so; together we maximize profitability.
- Regularly attend your 1:1’s and performance reviews, discuss improvements in performance with M&E Manager/Team Leader and produce an action plan for implementation.
- Welcome change and support management – contribute in the positive development of vibrant culture.
Why choose us?
We operate at the luxury/lifestyle end of the market with typically 110/160 bedrooms. Each of our hotels is equipped with fantastic leisure and dining facilities. They also have a Starbucks, meeting rooms and conference facilities. We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way.
If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels and would like to work for a company that gives you job security, supportive management, a great team spirit and a real feeling of inclusiveness then Village Hotels is the place for you.
Our values and behaviours (inspirational, driven, commercial, detailed and resilient) demonstrate our passion for giving our guests an excellent experience and our staff the best career opportunities.
Apply now to be our Meeting and Events Team Member
Apply for Meeting & Events Team Member - Aberdeen
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly