Kitchen Porter - Aberdeen
We have an exciting opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our highly successful team in Aberdeen on a zero hours, flexible basis, where you will receive a competitive salary plus amazing benefits which include FREE parking, FREE membership to our state of the art gyms, excellent holiday allowance as well as discounted food & beverage and stays in our hotels.
As our Kitchen Porter you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. You should have a can do attitude. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed.
You must have experience in a similar environment with the knowledge and confidence to deliver the role described below.
As a Kitchen Porter you will:
- Assist and support Head Chef/Sous Chef and kitchen brigade
- Follow the hotel cleaning procedures and schedules and use cleaning chemicals and equipment in line with the COSHH regulations.
- Ensure all kitchen areas are cleaned to the required standards.
- Ensure that all waste food and debris disposed of correctly (utilising compactor etc).
- Store all equipment, cutlery, crockery, glass ware etc. safely and in the correct areas.
- Report all breakages in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Report all faults or damage to equipment in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Assist the kitchen and food service staff in the fetching and carrying of food and equipment, as required.
- Have knowledge of and follow Company and statutory Health & Safety, Food Hygiene, security and emergency procedures.
- Check in deliveries according to company SOP’s and carry out invoice validation
- Support all members of the team to achieve and maintain standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene and Health & Safety.
Why choose us?
We operate at the luxury/lifestyle end of the market with typically 110/160 bedrooms. Each of our hotels is equipped with fantastic leisure and dining facilities. They also have a Starbucks, meeting rooms and conference facilities. We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way.
If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels and would like to work for a company that gives you job security, supportive management, a great team spirit and a real feeling of inclusiveness then Village Hotels is the place for you.
Our values and behaviours (inspirational, driven, commercial, detailed and resilient) demonstrate our passion for giving our guests an excellent experience and our staff the best career opportunities.
So whether this is your first step into hospitality, or you are an expert hospitality professional, come and join Village and find a place under our roof that’s right for you.
Apply now to be our Kitchen Porter
Apply for Kitchen Porter - Aberdeen
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly