Linen Porter - Weston-Super-Mare
Pontins Sand Bay, Weston-Super-Mare
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 53 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Linen Porter (Seasonal)
Reporting to: Housekeeping Manager
To be responsible for the control of linen stocks and issues from the Linen Room to various departments throughout the hotel. This includes arrangements for the laundering and dry cleaning of uniforms and guests clothing.
- To ensure linen control system as laid down by the Head Housekeeper is followed. This to include receipt, stock rotation, sorting and issues of linen stock.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed correctly and accurately as required in relation to linen stock control for hotel accounts and audit purposes.
- To advise the Housekeeper in advance should additional stock levels be necessary in order to service the business.
- To report to the Housekeeper immediately any known linen stock losses or misused linen.
- To ensure routine cleaning is carried out in your allocated area of work.
- To practice the correct use of all items of equipment, including trolleys, suction cleaners etc.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety and fire procedures.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to do other duties as and when required.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Meals on duty (Subject eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.