Duty Manager - Newcastle
Duty Manager – Fitness/ Operations - Newcastle Upon Tyne
We are the premier racket sports venue in the North East of England with an onsite Pavilion which houses an array of group fitness activities. The Northumberland Club is going from strength to strength and building on our major racket sports presence in the North East.
We provide a comprehensive experience for all ages and standards inviting participation from complete beginners, to intermediate and advanced levels. We have highly qualified and accredited coaches and staff and a solid reputation for being a friendly and welcoming club. We aim to provide the best for our members and visitors through our varied fitness programmes, social events and tournaments calendar.
Our fitness studio called The Osborne Pavilion is a completely new resource for the club and is opening up the opportunity for users to partake in a range of activity and fitness classes to supplement their racket sports, right from Spinning, Hot Pod Yoga, Bootcamp, Pilates, Metafit and Abs, Zumba, Table Tennis, piY0 and P90X. With some of the very best instructors in the north joining forces with The Northumberland Club we will be able to offer a truly inspiring fitness journey for you all to add to your week of activities.
Purpose: To be the management representative and customer facing point of contact during opening hours at the Club
The position of Duty Manager at The Northumberland Club is a critical one to the success of the Club’s business.
The Manager has the responsibility of dealing with all issues as they arise on a day to day basis. They need to be able to prioritise issues /problems and deal with them effectively.
They will have experience in “front-of -house” operations, fitness, buildings services and dealing with Bar staff and events.
The ideal candidate must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, and a high level of enthusiasm, drive and commitment. They will be dynamic, adaptable and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Pay and Benefits
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
Times between: 0600 – 2400 (working early shift, day shift or evening shift)
Day’s: rota based schedule (any 5 days over 7)
Salary: £16-21k per annum depending upon experience
Holiday: 28 days incl bank holidays
- To be point of contact for members, visitors and staff during the shift To carry out site tours and ensure all the facilities are operational
- To deal with any problems as they arise on shift.
- To lead on fitness innovation.
Duties from each responsibility:
To be point of contact for members and staff during the shift
- To handle any questions raised by members
- To mediate in any disputes and to put right any misunderstandings
- To deal with member’s complaints
- To introduce any new members to the club and make a tour of the facilities
- To be the point of contact for any event or external hire
To carry out site tours and ensure all the facilities are operational
- At the beginning of the shift open the premises (Duty Manager is a key-holder)
- Tour the premises and facilities and undertake all daily checks (Fire, H&S)
- Turn off alarms and turn on lights and all equipment
- At the end of the shifts turn off lights and equipment and turn on alarm
- Ensure all hourly/checks are carried out
- Report any malfunctions tot the General manager that cannot be completed by yourself
To deal with any problems as they arise on shift
- If any of the equipment stops working – call out service engineer to fix and/or report to General manager
- Ensure stock is available (in an emergency basis – go and purchase stock if necessary)
- Ensure buildings are evacuated in the event of a fire
- Change beer barrels when necessary
- Assist bar staff with any food/ match meals
- Cover reception or bar breaks if necessary
To lead on fitness innovation
- Support the existing group exercise programme and arrange cover when needed.
- Expand on existing fitness offering and actively grow participation levels.
- Support our Personal trainers in growing their business through member engagement.
- Manage the daily/ weekly/ monthly inspections and maintenance of fitness equipment.
If you are interested in this position then please apply immediately.