General Manager - Mouldsworth
General Manager - The Goshawk - Mouldsworth
The Goshawk is a country pub with many traditional features and attractive drinking and dining areas. There are also spacious outside alfresco dining areas,and excellent gardens including a safe childrens play area, perfect for families, groups and couples alike. There’s also a bowling green used by locals and visiting teams.
With the right person and some investment, we want to grow the site’s appeal.
There is also accommodation on site for the General Manager. This consists of 3 bedrooms, separate lounge, kitchen and bathroom. There is also a separate manager’s office as well. The accommodation and bills are free of charge other than council tax, TV licence and tax which must be paid by the General Manager.
Other benefits include:
- Capped bonus plan
- Health Plan
- 50% discount on some of our food houses on completion of your mandatory online courses
- 5 day working week
Why work for Hydes
We’re not a branded operation by any means.
- Our sites are all unique although they share the same commitment to quality and service.
- Our food is predominately fresh and our menus demand a good skill base to deliver it. Head Chefs and General Managers have an input into the menu development.
- Our beer range is underpinned by the fantastic products from our own brewery in Manchester - consistently great at all times. You’ll also see the usual suspects of beer portfolios that customers enjoy.
- Our wine and spirit ranges include many premium and high end products but do also cater for more standard tastes as well.
- Our head office team provide all of the support and expertise that you need to create and grow a successful business.
- Our IT support is top notch with online ordering, full EPOS and stock management, all to help you manage efficiently and save time.
The Role and you
The General Manager is a key role in making the Goshawk a success. With this in mind you need to be something special. It goes without saying that you'll have the basics. We’re looking for the best. Does this describe you?
- You will have run fresh food led sites that take at least 20K net a week
- You’ll be geared up towards self promotion through social media and building a fantastic reputation. Your sites always grow sales because of what you do. You’ve built this reputation based on great food and excellent service. You engage with customers and their feedback is important to you .
- You build and motivate a strong efficient team. You’re an active leader, creating a culture of involvement, professionalism and fun. You’ve a waiting list of people wanting to work with you.
- You know your way around a P and L and actively manage your GP, food and wet as well as your labour spend – the biggest cost and the largest asset you have.
- You are super organised, you have tight control on cash and tills, manage your controllable costs, and your returns are always impeccable and returned on time
Oh yes – You love pubs!
But what defines you is your dedication to the little details, which is crucial to us as it's standards that turn a great pub into the best pub!
If you feel you've got the ability to really make a difference in this role and are excited by the prospect of joining a leading regional brewer and pub retailer the opportunities are endless.
Apply for General Manager - Mouldsworth
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly