Kitchen Porter - Sutton Coldfield
Kitchen Porter - The Belfry
Department: Kitchens Team
Responsible to: Back of House Management
Works closely with: Chef De Partie, Sous Chef, Head Chef & Executive Head Chef
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Kitchen Porter for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded ‘England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and ‘Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.
Scope of the Role:
The Belfry’s Kitchen Brigade now has the unique opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our fantastic team throughout our award winning restaurant kitchens.
This is a great opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to further their career in the hospitality sector at Europe’s Leading hotel and resort. As a Kitchen Porter you must ensure the high standards are met and maintained by all, and be able to demonstrate high levels of attention to detail and pride in the kitchens that you work in.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To complete schedule of cleaning on daily / weekly basis using materials in accordance with instructions.
- To clean all kitchen utensils, china, cutlery and other light equipment, storing such equipment in a tidy and safe manner and placing all china in the appropriate racks ensuring that all equipment is easily located when needed and clean for use.
- To clean all fixed items of equipment in the kitchen, and ensuring the removal of all grease and deposits
- To clean floors and tables in the kitchen and preparation rooms ensuring that floors have been properly swept and wiped with a sanitising agent to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- To clean Buffet areas before and after a service to a high standard according to company requirements
- To handle stock and store as directed.
- To clean stores to enable food items to be stored safely.
- To clean fridge’s when requested by the staff.
- To keep kitchen yard and bins clean ensuring bins are kept covered at all times, emptying all rubbish bins and cleaning them thoroughly replacing bin liners to conform to current food hygiene regulations.
- To carry out duties in an orderly and efficient way so that the dish washing area is kept clear of large quantities of dirty equipment.
- To assist the chefs in certain simple food preparation tasks when requested.
- To transport food / equipment throughout the complex.
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of chemicals, Paper towels and salts for dishwasher machine
- Carry out other duties that may be necessary from time to time
- No experience required as full training for this position will be given
What’s in it for me?
- Salary meets NMW
- Opportunity to progress through the Resort
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.
Apply for Kitchen Porter - Sutton Coldfield
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly