Head Housekeeper - Prestatyn
Prestatyn Sands, Denbighshire
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Head Housekeeper
Reporting to: General Manager
- To manage the housekeeping department of approx. 50 cleaners and 10 supervisors
- Ensure that high cleaning standards are being achieved
- Developing and maintaining team members through coaching and support
- To ensure the highest standards of cleaning and maintenance of all accommodation
- To ensure the successful smooth running of the department being maintained through high standards of customer service and each team member’s effectiveness whilst adhering to all company best practices and legal requirements
- Ensure that all customer issues are dealt with correctly, efficiently and in a pleasant manner
- Managing all allocated team members to ensure tasks and responsibilities are performed to company agreed standards and within agreed company ratios
- Maintaining all team members records and procedures which meet all internal and statutory obligations
- Attend all internal meetings in connection with the responsibility with your position
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to do other duties as and when required.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate effectively both internally with work colleagues and managers, and externally with others
- An honest and reliable nature is required
- Must be flexible as evening and weekend work will be expected
- Experience in a managerial position in a similar role is essential
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.