Night Porter - Kingston upon Hull
The Royal Hull Hotel
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 53 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Night Porter (Zero hour)
Reporting To: Night Manager
- To look after hotel security and guest welfare at night.
- To be aware of the weekly business within the hotel.
- To run the night audit.
- To assist in setting up and servicing event rooms.
- To ensure effective communication on nights in all areas and to read and sign all communications issued.
- Have thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures used within the hotel and department and to provide support as and when required.
- To ensure that fire evacuation procedures are fully understood and that you know your position in the event of fire evacuation.
- To report any health and safety hazards in the correct manner to the maintenance department and follow up to ensure action has been taken.
- To identify security risks and take due action.
- To maximise every sales opportunity for food and beverage and rooms and to be fully versed on hotel and promotions.
- To be aware of driving commitments and to ensure that pick-up times are met
- Ensure tidiness of lobby areas, forecourt and bar areas at all times.
- To ensure that newspapers are delivered in accordance with current guidelines.
- To do regular floor walks and security checks of fire exits and public areas and to report irregularities to the manager on duty.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to do other duties as and when required.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.