Sales Manager - Southport
- Job Type
- Full Time
Prince of Wales Hotel, Southport
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Sales Manager
Reporting to: Hotel General Manager
You will help us spread the word about the Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport. This hotel is a beautiful reminder of Britain’s Victorian Heritage, an elegant building with landscaped gardens. An adverse knowledge of the Southport area is required to maximise sales opportunity.
- You will maximise the potential of the Hotel aiming to increase occupancy percentage.
- You will produce and implement a sales and marketing plan
- You will maximise business potential for corporate rate/ commercial rate.
- You will source new opportunities in the local or national market
- To be conversant with Opera and the central reservation network to maximise revenue and opportunities for promotion.
- You will ensure that every sales opportunity is realised and converted into bookings.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to do other duties as and when required.
- Previous or existing hotel sales management experience
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the local area
- Have the determination and drive to hit deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate successful selling in the hospitality industry
- Understand hospitality, Events and how to maximise revenue
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.