Maintenance Manager - Hook
The Basingstoke Country Hotel
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Maintenance Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Working closely with the senior management team you will be responsible for all engineering operations including building and plant maintenance and protection, grounds, maintenance of bedrooms and public space and energy conservation. Consistently strive to ensure guest and teams satisfaction and long-term asset protection. Also Assists in the recruitment, training and management of maintenance personnel and assists in the training of all staff in respect of statutory training.
- Supervises the daily operation of the maintenance team and in particular the planning and organisation of the maintenance teams’ work
- Prepares specification and proposals for maintenance work required
- Arrange and coordinate work with contractors ensuring it is completed to the required standard
- Ensures that all firefighting equipment is in good order and the alarm system is tested regularly in line with local authority requirements
- Ensures all certificates of compliance are maintained and up to date in accordance with legislation i.e. electrical, mechanical, plant, water, etc.
- Ensuring effective control of purchases and supplies.
- Ensuring H&S standards are maintained and managed within the department and hotel in respect of risk assessments, fire safety, COSHH, manual handling, working with electricity and gas and handling machinery
- Assists in the recruitment, training and management of maintenance personnel and assists in the training of all staff in respect of statutory training.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to do other duties as and when required.
The candidate must be:
- Applicants must have trade qualification and experience in plumbing, electrical or general building maintenance.
- Previous management experience within a maintenance function in a medium to large hotel or similar is also essential.
- Good interpersonal, organisational skills and people management skills.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Meals on duty (Subject eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Apply for Maintenance Manager - Hook
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly