F&B Supervisor - Leeds
Britannia Leeds Hotel
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Food and Beverage Supervisor
Reporting to: Food and Beverage Manager
The successful candidate will be well presented, flexible, hard-working and possess excellent customer skills. He/she will have had previous supervisory F&B experience since the role involves ensuring the successful day-to-day running of our restaurants.
- To be punctual and to show the example to the team
- To follow-up on timekeeping and attendance of staff under supervision and to report lateness/absence to F&B and Personnel Managers
- To ensure staff timesheets and agency staff timesheets are completed correctly
- To ensure that the restaurant is kept clean and tidy at all times. Ensuring that the cleaning rota is respected
- To ensure that all F&B Attendants are in their respective sections and complete their duties in the agreed timescale.
- To ensure that the restaurant is ready to open a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the opening time; and subsequently open the restaurant.
- To ensure that the restaurant is running smoothly
- To ensure that procedures are adhered to and followed at all times
- To ensure that drink stock sheets and requisitions are done and drinks are available
- At the end of every shift, to ensure that the restaurant set up is appropriate, clean and tidy for the following shift
- To ensure that all operating equipment is not mistreated by any member of staff
- To ensure that adequate supplies of operating equipment are available. To communicate any shortage to the F&B Manager
- To ensure that there is a sufficient backup equipment at the start of every shift (crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots etc.)
- To ensure that all employees are wearing the proper uniform, clean, ironed and their name badge.
- To deal with guest complaints and queries and advise F&B Manager or Duty Manager of any issue happening in the restaurant
- To ensure guest satisfaction at all times and to encourage feedback from the guests
- To advise F&B Manager/Operations Manager of any stock discrepancies.
- To have a positive attitude towards guests, being friendly and courteous at all times
- To have a positive attitude towards staff, showing the example at all times
- To be able to keep calm and organised under pressure, working with the staff in the restaurant to deliver a high standard of service.
- To train the staff as required
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as required by Management.
This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the job of F&B Supervisor. It is not intended to be exhaustive and you are advised that the duties and responsibilities may change from time to time.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.