Conference Sales Consultant - Nuneaton
Bosworth Hall Hotel, Nuneaton
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 53 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Conference Sales Executive
Reporting to: Sales Manager
- Take enquiries/booking for Conference and Banqueting events via the telephone, internet or face to face using client orientated sale approach.
- Maintain the conference diary in order to maximise space and revenue.
- Prepare, update and file all correspondence relating to conference and banqueting.
- Prepare the conference and banqueting function sheet with completed final and accurate details for both the clients and the hotel operational benefit.
- Log all conference and banqueting enquiries and maintain an effective follow-up system to secure business and provide an after sales service in order to secure repeat business.
- Ensure that all purchase orders are given to the general manager for authorisation, whilst controlling costs.
- Follow up brochure requests with a courtesy call.
- Greet Guests on arrival and check conference details for the day.
- Prepare conference charge sheet correctly.
- Compile statistics on a monthly basis of conversion ratios and conference room usage.
- Ensure maximum occupancy and rates are achieves wherever possible.
- Be aware of conference room status and availability at all times.
- Be actively involved in hotel sales projects, attend sales meetings and entertain clients.
- Prepare weekly information required for HOD meetings, including conference feedback and conversion statistics.
- Show potential clients around the hotel facilities and sell hotel product.
- To establish close relations and gain regular business from major conference agents.
- To develop conference business from existing Britannia corporate clients.
- To obtain repeat business from annual events within Britannia Hotels.
- To be aware of competitors prices and activities.
- To propose promotions to meet business needs.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to do other duties as and when required.
- Experience of selling to the large conference market for a minimum of 2 years.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of conference agents, associations and corporate markets.
- You must be enthusiastic, committed, and self-motivated.
- Opera and Delphi Experience preferable.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.