Financial Controller - Altrincham
Britannia Head Office Hale
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Financial Controller
Reporting to: Group Accountant
The ever expanding Britannia Hotel group (now totally 52 hotels throughout the UK) with a Head Office based in Hale, Cheshire, are looking to recruit a Financial Controller. You will report to the Group Accountant with responsibility for a designated sector of the group. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this established, forward thinking company.
Due to continued expansion the largest independent chain of hotels in the UK are looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join their busy and dynamic Head Office accounts department in Hale, Cheshire.
- Manage the production of weekly and quarterly financial reports
- Review all key balance sheet and P&L items to manage the risks.
- Prepare Year End Accounts in accordance with Group requirements and deadlines
- Assist the Finance Director on ad hoc reports.
- Initiate/ Assist with improvements to financial control
- Manage the Finance Team members to do their job more efficiently and cope with the increasing workload, higher service delivery and growing business.
The candidate must have:
- Qualified ACA/ ACCA with minimum 2-3 years of experience in a similar fast paced environment
- Excellent double entry experience
- A strong sense of commitment
- Be confident and approachable, with good communications skills and “can do” attitude
- Able to absorb new information quickly, be adaptable and work to deadlines
- Being able to prepare and present information required in a timely and easily understood fashion
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.