Shift Leader - Nuneaton
Bosworth Hall Hotel, Nuneaton
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 53 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Shift Leader
Reporting to: Front of House Manager
- To control Reception shift from Front Desk and provide every assistance and support as and when required for Reception / Cashier.
- To ensure handover is completed and that the team including Switchboard are aware of daily summary.
- To maintain a positive proactive approach towards the shift and maintain the utmost courtesy and politeness at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all systems and procedures used within the Hotel and Department and to adhere fully to these procedures.
- To read and sign all communications issued and to be fully versed on a daily basis of the business with the Hotel.
- To be punctual at all times for shifts and to give due notice of lateness.
- To adhere to the correct dress code at all times and to ensure that uniforms are maintained to correct standard.
- To ensure that fire evacuation procedure is fully understood and to adhere to this procedure.
- To report any health and safety hazards in the correct manner to Receptions Manager/Maintenance.
- To report potential security risks to Reception Manager/Maintenance.
- To ensure that you are trained on all new systems and procedures.
- To maximise every sale opportunity for food and beverage and rooms, and be fully versed on the Hotel and its promotions.
- To attend meetings as and when required and to provide feedback on performance with Department.
- To monitor Receptionist/Cashiers and report any discrepancies to reception Manager.
- To always be one step ahead and anticipate.
- To carry out any duties and responsibilities that may be required.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.