Conference and Banqueting Manager - Buxton
The Palace Buxton
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 53 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Conference and Banqueting Sales Manager
Reporting to: Hotel General Manager
You will help us spread the word The Palace Hotel in Buxton. Since 1868, The Palace has been an important building in the spa town of Buxton. Situated in over 5 acres of stunning landscaped gardens, this new addition to the Britannia hotel family is perfectly located on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
You will have a dynamic and naturally motivated quality when it comes to hotel sales.
- You will lead a team and ensure Conference and Banqueting business targets for revenue, occupancy and profit are achieved.
- You will grow Conference and Banqueting and function business through proactive selling and effective conversion of all enquiries using the agreed company system, maximum profit at all times.
- To ensure that every sales opportunity is realised and converted into bookings.
- Must have previous experience in dealing with weddings and private functions, corporate sales and agents.
- Previous or existing hotel sales experience
- Have the determination and drive to hit deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate successful selling in the hospitality industry
- Understand hospitality, Events and Conference Environment
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Meals on duty (Subject eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.