Barman - Cirencester
2 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Barman - Barnsley House
The Calcot Collection is a small privately owned company that is home to a portfolio of four acclaimed hotels. Not considering ourselves as a group, each of our hotels celebrates its own style and personality and offers a different and unique experience that is signature to their offering.
Barnsley House is situated in the centre of the Cotswold village of Barnsley, near Cirencester, this is a country hotel like no other. Set in exquisite landscaped gardens Barnsley House is reminiscent of a stunning stately home with grounds to match. When it comes to dinner time, you can choose between The Potager restaurant or The Village Pub. The Potager is light and airy and serves fresh, local produce and vegetables picked from our very own kitchen garden (where possible). The Village Pub provides a relaxed alternative, serving delicious food, great ales, open fires and comfy seating.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- To assist in the smooth running of the bar and lounge area.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gain knowledge of all of the food product sold in the hotel
- To be able to run the bar station to a very high standard
- To carry out "opening up" mise-en-place duties including:
- Collecting ice
- Setting up the bar
- Bottling up shelves
- To carry out cleaning of bar area and equipment on a daily basis
- To prepare and serve beverages to the highest possible standard
- To maintain the bar area to highest presentable standard on a daily basis
- To keep the spillage book up to date
- To accurately charge guests for items purchased and give correct change
- Maintain a high personal standard of grooming
- Relaxed approach to work, friendly, courteous, well-mannered and polite
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
- Previous experience in working within a similar environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- High working practices and standards
- Strong Interpersonal skills
Training and support:
The company runs an integrated scheme designed to reach all levels under the banner of the Calcot Academy. We are committed to people development at all stages and the long service of our key staff bears witness to this.
Applicants should be aware that at the present time we cannot consider anyone not holding an EU passport because of immigration legislation.
All candidates must prove that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. We cannot assist with obtaining visas.
Due to location of the property it can be difficult to reach by public transport, please ensure you are able to travel to the property on a daily basis.
Apply for Barman - Cirencester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly