Camp Manager - Wokingham
Holiday Camp Manager - Holme Grange Holiday Camp, Wokingham
Oxford Active runs children's holiday camps in every school holiday at school sites throughout Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Warwickshire and Gloucestershire for children aged 3 – 14 years.
We need a mature and experienced Manager to lead our team of activity leaders to run fun, exciting activities, and keep children safe in a stimulating and caring environment.
To be responsible for the day-to-day organisation and operation of the Holiday Camp. To ensure that the highest possible standards are met, children are kept safe and have a positive experience at the camp.
Hours: 8am - 6pm, school holidays only
- With support from the Oxford Active management team, devise and implement a fun programme of activities suitable for the age range of children attending the scheme and organise deployment of staff to deliver those activities
- Ensure that staff welcome parents and children to the camp in the morning, and be responsible for the safe delivery of children to parents or named carers at the end of the day
- Manage the implementation of a daily programme of fun activities
- Prepare and implement the daily staff rota, including lunch breaks, to ensure camp is staffed at all times with a safe and appropriate ratio of adults to children
- Ensure that all staff are familiar with the daily routine and are familiar with all relevant camp policies, procedures and risk assessments
- Ensure that all staff are held responsible for the safe-keeping of the scheme’s property and equipment
- Ensure that staff, where possible and reasonable, clean up after all activities
- Liaise with Oxford Active senior management as necessary
- Conduct regular staff team meetings and performance reviews
- Run daily briefing sessions with staff at the beginning of each day
Health and Safety
- Be aware of and understand the Ofsted requirements to be registered on the Early Years Register, and the Compulsory & Voluntary Childcare Registers.
- Ensure that the correct records and paperwork are in place to keep children safe
- Ensure that regular fire drills take place and that all staff are familiar with procedures
- Be familiar with risk assessments and update them every holiday camp as appropriate
- Administer first aid as appropriate
- Ensure accident forms are completed when necessary
- Ensure the first aid box is kept up to date and replenished as necessary
- As lead practitioner for safeguarding at the camp, understand Oxford Active’s safeguarding policy and ensure it is adhered to at all times
Building Good Relationships
- Ensure that staff build effective and strong relationships with children’s parents/carers and that they are given useful information at the beginning and end of each day
- Deal with parents’/carers’ enquiries as necessary
- Deal with any complaints from parents or carers as necessary. Follow complaints procedures and keep a log of any complaints as necessary.
- Build effective and positive working relationships with the host school and their staff
- Promote the business to the best of your ability at all times
- Take part in general duties as part of the staff rota as necessary, eg supervising lunch times, front desk duty, cleaning rota
- Take part in the daily play activities on offer to children as necessary
- Work within all agreed Oxford Active policies and procedures.
- If necessary, purchase consumable items which can then be claimed back from the company.
- Maintain an up to date and helpful handover document at the end of each camp.
- Experience of working in a supervisory/management position, ideally in a childcare or education based background
- An appropriate qualification (eg Playwork, Childcare or Sports Coaching) is desirable but not essential.
- Must be prepared to attend regular in-house training as well as First Aid, Safeguarding and other relevant courses as necessary.
- Mature and responsible and a good communicator at all levels
- Co-operative, flexible with a positive attitude to work
- Well organized and able to manage basic administrative tasks efficiently
- Computer literate, familiar with word and excel and able to pick up new systems quickly
- Must know and understand Ofsted standards and the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- All staff have to pass strict safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure
Apply for Camp Manager - Wokingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly