Head Coach - London
UWC East Project Head Coach - Chelsea FC
Reporting to: Senior International development Officer & UWC East Chair of Activities
Department: Foundation International Football Development
Contract Term: 9th October 2017 – 31th July 2019
Residential Location: Required to live in Singapore 10 out of 12 months per year. Return trips to the UK will be scheduled twice per year for training and planning. Applicants will be expected to travel regionally as per the needs of the business.
Working Hours: 40hrs per week, normally Six of Seven days per week, but this may vary when traveling and as per the needs of the business. The successful applicant will regularly be expected to work weekends and unsociable hours as required and with reasonable notice.
Annual Leave: Will be agreed in-line with the business demands and the specific responsibilities.
- To implement all aspects of the UWC East team development program on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, in line with an annual performance plan.
- To implement a specific syllabus and development plan based upon CFC methods and philosophies, throughout the school teams. The Head Coach will also be required to assist and support with recruitment and trials for all competing teams.
- All programmes would be delivered and run in- line with Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures. This member of staff will be required to support any information to adapt policies and procedures in-line with local or national legislation for that country.
- The Head Coach will deliver weekly staff development meetings; these will include presentations and workshops.
- The Head Coach will offer coaching support and observe the games/fixture program when not conflictual with the school extracurricular coaching programme. External matches will aid player assessment, every 8 to 12 weeks, as per needs of the business.
- Responsible for coaching delivery of many sessions throughout the season is key to demonstrating the standards expected, the Head Coach will be delivering many sessions in a typical week to a varied group of players.
- To support and feedback to the UWC East Chair of Activities in order to aid the programme development. Written progress reports will provide evidence to support the end of term and end of season assessment report for teacher coaches.
- Throughout the duration of the contract the Head Coach will be expected to uphold Chelsea FC Foundations professional standards, values and beliefs while being consistent with the Chelsea Football Club philosophy.
- Head coach will have the duties of coaching and arranging the UWC East extracurricular football programme, year round and upto 5 days a week. This is assisted by a local CFC Singaporean coach.
- Manage and deliver an advanced player development programme at least 4 evenings a week at the UWC East facility in Singapore. This includes recruitment and development of a more technically focussed programme.
- To help support and develop the CFC Soccer School, the Head coach will be expected to coach every Saturday, during holiday periods and at least 2 evenings a week.
- To assist the organisations in fulfilling its responsibilities to safeguard children and young people.
- Promote equal opportunities.
Measures of Performance:
- Head Coach will be monitored on a weekly basis by UWC East Chair of Activities. Every coach will complete an activity diary on a weekly basis. This record will include management, office and coaching responsibilities, this is to be submitted and monitored by the Line Manager in the UK.
- Each term / year every member of staff will conduct a formal review of performance and set targets for the programme’s development. Feedback and assessment of the Ex pat and Singaporean coaches and UWC East teams/players will be pivotal to the Head Coach Performance review.
- At the completion of the contract term and subject to achieving the set targets throughout the term of employment the Head Coach will receive a completion fee. This will be calculated in line with the contracted period. (This payment is subject to contract completion).
- Coaching Experience (minimum 5 years):
- Experience and knowledge of developing and managing players 8 to 18 years within both a competitive and non-competitive environment.
- Experience of delivering weekly sessions from a curriculum and syllabus in a youth development environment set by a professional football club.
- Experience of player selections and being part of a trial selection process.
- Working with a team throughout a season and delivering high level football provision within a development programme
- Playing experience to a level that can provide good knowledge when applying coaching philosophies within a session and also the ability to demonstrate techniques effectively.
- Awareness of equality issues and safeguarding.
Business & Skills Experience: (minimum 5 years)
- Experience of managing individual and group needs of players within a youth development program.
- Experience of managing relationships with players and staff whilst delivering a football development programme from a syllabus.
- Computer literate with experience of developing and delivering power point presentations and running workshops.
- Effective and clear verbal communication & written communication.
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines, keeping calm under pressure.
- Experience of working with different cultures.
Qualifications & Certification:
- UEFA B License
- Youth Modules 1 (English FA)
- Emergency Aid and Child Protection
- DBS checked – (This check may affect the employment suitability)
- Valid passport (With no exclusion to travel or a visa being issued in Singapore)
- Valid UK driving licence (Desirable not essential)
- University Degree (BSc)
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate