SQL/BI Support Analyst - London
Fusion Lifestyle, a leading sports and leisure company in central London, is recruiting a SQL/BI support Analyst to maintain and develop the company’s database and reporting solutions. The role requires a very thorough understanding of T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS and ideally a working knowledge of SSAS.
You will work with the Head of IT and other members of the senior management team to analyse, design, implement, improve and maintain the company’s databases and reporting system using SQL tools.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the data structures within the company’s core business systems
- To analyse and evaluate business requirements for data solutions, extracts and reports.
- To maintain existing reporting structures
- Gathering requirements from executive, management and users as to exactly what information they need
- Determining the best method for providing the data
- Creating reports in a repeatable manner with minimum of future input
- To develop solutions within an agreed timescale for the delivery of data and reports to end users throughout the business
- Define, develop and document business processes and procedures for the use of database solutions
- Work with other application specialists, to define and develop interfaces between applications and systems using T-SQL and SSIS
- Develop and implement appropriate reports and data extracts
- Undertake relevant project work appropriate to the position as directed by Line Manager
Experience/Skills and attributes:
- SQL Server Development including: T-SQL, Stored Procedures, SSRS, SSIS
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of system data structures and ability to define and develop business reports using report writing tools
- Structured approach to systems developing re-usable solutions where possible
- Knowledge / Experience of database management
- Tuning SQL queries and reports for optimal performance
- Excellent oral, numerical, written skills
Experience / Skills in the following areas are not essential, but would be an advantage:
- OLAP data structures and MDX query language.
- Sharepoint and its use in deploying Reporting Services
- Experience in the leisure industry
- the full range of SQL tools
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.